Enjoy a tour through great American history and beautiful landscapes with this unique trip. Pay tribute to American innovators at the Henry Ford Museum, discover tributes to the Old Country built by nineteenth-century immigrants, and enjoy a stay at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, the historic resort island which still relies on foot, bike, or horses to get around. Discover fantastic art collections and tour Chicago, including a river cruise and architecture tour. Click the Itinerary tab to learn more, then book online or call a destination specialist at 1-888-937-8474.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights Newark-Detroit, Chicago-Newark
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights accommodations
- 1 night Detroit
- 1 night Frankenmuth
- 2 nights Mackinac Island
- 1 night Traverse City
- 3 nights Chicago
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- 14 meals: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Tour the Henry Ford Museum that commemorates the achievements of American inventors
- A delightful visit to the "Little Bavarian" village of Frankenmuth founded in the 1800s
- Mackinac Island, a wooded paradise encircled by pristine waters
- Sightseeing tour of peaceful Mackinac by horse-drawn carriage reveals grand Victorian cottages
- Visit Fort Mackinac, built by the British to guard the Straits during the American Revolution
- In Traverse City, tour the Music House Museum’s rare collection of antique musical instruments
- Stop at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, one of the nation’s most significant sculpture and botanic experiences
- Dune ride through the wild and untamed dunes of Michigan's western shores
- Chicago, a sensational city boasting some of the world’s best architecture and museums
- Gaze at the world's largest Tiffany stained-glass dome inside the Chicago Cultural Center
- A sensational visit to the 360 Chicago, formerly Hancock Observatory, that soars 1,000 feet above the skyline
Optional tours, transfers and gratuities.
Passengers arriving in Detroit should select flights that arrive no later than 5 PM.
For arrival and departure on North America packages with US gateways, transfers are not included with Air & Land packages nor available on an optional basis. See Trip Preparation -> Arrival & Departure for more information regarding options to transfer to your hotel.
Triple rooms consist of two double/queen beds for three persons; where available, a fee may be charged by the hotel for the addition of a cot/rollaway.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
*Please be aware, that evening wear is required in all areas of the Grand Hotel after 6 PM