Escorted Package Includes
- Round trip flights Newark-New Orleans, New Orleans-Newark
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 6 nights accommodations
- 4 nights New Orleans
- 1 night Baton Rouge
- 1 night Lafayette
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 9 meals: 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Walking tour of the iconic French Quarter, the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans
- Visit the unique Presbytere with its exquisite collection of Mardi Gras memorabilia
- Tour of Baton Rouge, the jewel of Louisiana, a city of contrasting cultures
- Swamp boat ride in the magical Atchafalaya Basin, the largest wetland in the U.S.
- Visit Vermilionville, a folklife park and living history museum on the banks of the Bayou
- Tour the Visitor Center and pepper sauce factory of the world famous "hot" Tabasco sauce on Avery Island
- Stop at a local distillery for a tour & tasting
- Visit the open-air French Market, a uniquely New Orleans shopping experience
- View some of New Orleans distinctive neighborhoods including the historic mansions
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
Book By Jun 16, 2017 & Save!
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
|2018 Dates & Prices||2018 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
It is recommended that passengers select flights that arrive no later than 5 pm on Day 1.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
*The optional Full Day Mardi Gras Experience with Jazz Cruise will not be available on all departures.
The Laura Plantation delivers a unique and involved view of daily life on an 18th and 19th century plantation; A complete cultural history of Louisiana's Creole population, and a dramatic, in-depth look at one Creole family. Your tour will begin at Maison Principale, built in 1805, into its raised basement and galleries, and into men's and women's chambers & offices, service rooms and common rooms. This portion of the tour spotlights the charmed but tragic lives of the plantation's inhabitants, viewing the heirlooms and personal effects of the family. You will be introduced to numerous Creole traditions and examine the skilled craftsmanship of enslaved artisans. The visit continues to the main grounds of the plantation, surrounded by sugarcane fields and main buildings, including the Jardin Français, the kitchen garden, and Laura's new BananaLand. This places visitors at the exact locations where stories recalling the sobering events of human slavery happened. You will continue on to see a series of 1840s slave cabins where sugarcane workers lived until 1977 and where the ancient west-African folktales of Compair Lapin, better known as the legendary rascal Br'er Rabbit, were recorded.
Included are round-trip transfers from your hotel to Laura Plantation. Approximate tour duration is 4 hours.
|Day #2||01 Oct 2017 - 30 Apr 2018||$59.00|
This evening, depart Baton Rouge for Nottoway Plantation. Built in 1859 for John Hampden Randolph, one of Louisiana's most successful sugar cane planters, visit one of the South's largest remaining antebellum homes. During your visit to Nottoway, enjoy a tour of the mansion's interior and history, lead by a friendly and knowledgeable guide dressed in antebellum attire. Complete your visit by experiencing fine dining on the property. Nottoway Plantation is sure to be a memory that you will treasure for a lifetime!
Included are round-trip transfers from your hotel. Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #3||01 May 2017 - 30 Apr 2018||$75.00|
Tonight, enjoy a dinner out on the town. Tonight's experience will present you with an opportunity to go out and embrace the Cajun culture. Enjoy fantastic food, unique ambiance, and mesmerizing music of Acadian's finest. Sit back and enjoy the local food, or kick up your heels and join in the fun. Surrender yourself to a simpler lifestyle, and the Cajun "joie de vivre" will steal your heart.
Included are round-trip transfers from your hotel. Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
|Day #4||01 Oct 2017 - 30 Apr 2018||$45.00|
Partake in a unique behind-the-scenes look at New Orleans Mardi Gras; see the hard work and planning that goes into this grand event. Visit the massive studio that houses the astonishing parade floats and learn more about the history of this festive tradition. Mardi Gras in New Orleans is one of the greatest parades on earth! You will have plenty of opportunities for photos with props or in a costume, so bring your camera! Enjoy lunch at local New Orleans restaurant. Afterwards, an authentic paddle-wheel Steamboat Cruise ends your day on the colorful Mississippi. You’ll be whisked away to a bygone era! Enjoy live jazz music while viewing the amazing panorama of New Orleans' skyline! Return to your hotel.
Included are round-trip transfers from your hotel. Approximate tour duration is 6 hours.
|Day #6||01 Oct 2017 - 30 Apr 2018||$90.00|