Escorted Package Includes
- Flights Miami-Bogota, Cartagena-Miami
Some departure dates may be offered from an alternate nearby airport. Check flight itinerary options when booking.
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Bogota-Pereira & Medellin-Cartagena
- 10 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Bogota
- 2 nights Manizales
- 2 nights Medellin
- 3 nights Cartagena
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 17 meals: 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of an English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Visit La Candelaria District renowned for its perfectly preserved Colonial architecture
- Stand before the impressive collection of pre-Hispanic Indian gold pieces at the Gold Museum
- View the paintings and sculptures of Fernando Botero, the famed Colombian artist
- Visit the amazing Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira built within the tunnels of a salt mine
- Tour a working coffee plantation in Manizales, center of Colombia's Zona Cafetera
- Walk on an ecological path through the world’s tallest wax-palms at the Los Nevados National Park
- Discover Medellin in the beautiful Aburra Valley, named the "City of Eternal Spring"
- Visit Santa Elena birthplace of the ornate flower arrangements called "Silletas"
- Stay in magical Cartagena, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site - a true cultural treasure!
- Tour Cartagena's Colonial District, view Bolivar Park, Santo Domingo Church and the Gold Museum
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Bogota-Pereira & Medellin-Cartagena.
The route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, and local events.
Triple Rooms at the Hyatt Regency Cartagena will be accommodated in a Single Room & a Twin Room
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
▲ Due to the high elevation, travel in the Colombian highlands may cause some passengers to experience the temporary effects of altitude sickness. If you have any concerns about traveling to higher than your accustomed elevation, please consult your healthcare provider.
Board the Funicular Train that takes you up to Monserrate Mountain. After a short hike, reach the top of Monserrate. At more than 10,000 feet above sea level, see outstanding views of downtown Bogota. Visit the 17th century church and the "El Señor Caído" shrine that welcomes pilgrims all year long.
*This Optional Tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or who have heart conditions.
Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel. Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
|Day #2||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020||$39.00|
Upon arrival, meet your main instructor and watch a video about Colombian emeralds to learn fascinating facts regarding these gemstones, including how they are mined and carved. Colombia is the world's largest producer of emeralds. A hands-on class follows, where you use 925 sterling silver wire and Colombian emeralds to create three pieces of jewelry, a pair of earrings, a bracelet and a ring. At the conclusion of the class you will receive a diploma and one piece of jewelry that you created.
Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel. Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #9||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020||$25.00|
Enjoy a tour of the mangrove swamps of La Boquilla, a fishing village located twenty minutes north of Cartagena. Take a ride on an original wooden canoe that glides through the dense growth of mangroves, providing a close up view of this rich and diverse ecosystem; you will observe different birds. Your guide will provide facts about the surroundings and talk about the flora and fauna that you will encounter. Afterwards, return to the hotel.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #10||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020||$39.00|
Depart Cartagena and travel south for about an hour through the picturesque countryside to the Colombia National Aviary, which houses more than 1,750 birds, representing 135 species. It’s the second biggest aviary in Latin America, and sixth in the world. This fascinating place, with its unique flora and fauna, aims to educate and create awareness about the diversity of birds found in Colombia. Take a walking tour through the three ecosystems, tropical rainforest, seaboard and desert. At the end of the tour, enjoy a typical Colombian coffee before returning to Cartagena.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 4 hours.
|Day #10||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020||$79.00|