A short trip with a lot of action, your Amazon getaway includes a stay in a lodge overlooking the timeless river. Adventures include hikes through the jungle, a visit to a parrot clay lick where the Amazon's most colorful birds flock for a mineral boost, and a visit with a tribal family to learn about their lives and customs. Click the Itinerary tab to learn more, then book online or call 1-888-937-8474 for expert planning assistance.
Escorted Package Includes
- Round trip flights Miami-Quito, Quito-Miami
Some departure dates may be offered from an alternate nearby airport. Check flight itinerary options when booking.
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 4 nights First Class accommodations
- 1 night Quito
- 2 nights Tena (Amazon)
- 1 night Papallacta
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 10 Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Visit the "Middle of the World" monument at the Equator that marks latitude 0º
- A motorized canoe whisks you to your Amazon lodge overlooking the river
- Stay in the Amazon region, the world's largest ecosystem
- A night tour in the jungle introduces you to the wonders and serenity of the Amazon
- Visit a local Quechua family to learn about their tribal customs and everyday Amazonian life
- Enjoy the thermal pools in Papallacta, known for its legendary hot springs
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2019 Dates & Prices||2019 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival transfers.
Hotel check-out is 1:00 pm. If you have a late departure flight and want to depart later than 1:00 pm you may pre-purchase a hotel Day Use Room.
Note: Hotel checkout for a Day Use Room is 6:00 pm. If you have a flight which requires a longer stay, you may purchase a full post night.
Passengers should select flights that arrive in Quito Airport before 11:00 PM and depart the morning of Day 5 after 7 AM. Transfers depart the hotel approximately 5 hours prior to flight time. Therefore, any flights departing before 7 AM will require a transfer on Day 4 or shortly after midnight on Day 5.
Please note that during nighttime hours the Itamandi EcoLodge operates on stored solar power. The power is not always consistent which makes operating large electronic devices like CPAP machines impossible.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
▲ Due to the high elevation, travel in the Ecuadorian Andes may cause some passengers to experience the temporary effects of altitude sickness. If you have any concerns about traveling to higher than your accustomed elevation, please consult your healthcare provider.