Get to know Italy’s hidden treasures as you travel through Venice, Tuscany, Florence and Rome. This small-group tour takes you off the beaten path, discovering unique experiences larger tours just can’t access. Some highlights include shopping at a local market before your cooking class in a Tuscan farmhouse, or a visit to a private Roman palace, built in the 14th century and still retaining traces of the ancient Roman temple it was built upon. For an intimate, insider’s look at Italy, La Dolce Vita is your perfect tour. Start planning your Italy vacation by exploring the itinerary below, then book online or call a travel specialist at 1-888-937-8474 to customize your vacation.
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights: New York-Venice, Rome-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Venice
- 2 nights San Giuliano Terme
- 2 nights Florence
- 1 night Torgiano
- 3 nights Rome
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 18 meals: 10 buffet breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Wine is included with lunch and dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Walking tour of St. Mark’s Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Experience an Insider's Venice Walking Tour that will take you "off the beaten path"
- Discover the island of Murano with its famous glassblowing factories
- Enjoy a walking tour of Lucca with a lunch focused on local specialties
- Marvel at the cliffside villages of Cinque Terre, “five towns” that seem suspended over the Ligurian Sea
- Learn to shop like a native at the local market, and then travel to the countryside with your chef to prepare an authentic, home-cooked Italian meal
- Celebrate the beauty of Florence at the Accademia of Fine Arts, where Michelangelo's David is housed
- Stop in Siena, a lovely medieval city, known for its famous Palio horse race
- Tour a vineyard and their extensive wine cellar in Umbria and sample some of the local specialties
- Visit the Vatican Museum and Michelangelo's incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Explore the grand piazzas of the Eternal City of Rome, jewels of Baroque and Renaissance architecture
- Experience the monumental grandeur of this ancient city built on seven hills: the legendary Roman Forum & the mighty Colosseum
- Visit the Palazzo Colonna, one of the oldest and largest private palaces of Rome, and the preserved Apartment of Princess Isabelle
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2019 Dates & Prices||2019 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
New Rome Bus Regulation for 2019 - It was recently announced that the city of Rome will be implementing new regulations for tourist bus access to the historical city center, including the areas near the Colosseum, Forum and Vatican City. These regulations are expected to take effect on Jan 1 2019. At this time, we are uncertain of the impact these regulations will have on our itineraries, but we are closely monitoring the situation and still planning to operate as usual. Due to the uncertainty of these new regulations, the means of transportation and order of your scheduled itinerary may be subject to change.
May 5 departure will be accommodated at LaGare Hotel Venezia in Venice.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
|Day #3||01 Nov 2018 - 31 May 2019||$62.00|
|01 Jun 2019 - 28 Oct 2019||$66.00|