From the canals of Venice to the tip of Italy's boot, experience more of Italy. This tour includes everything wonderful from our Enchanting Italy itinerary, like Florence, Rome, Tuscany and Venice. Plus, you'll explore the southern regions of Puglia and Campania. Experience the old city of Bari, medieval fortresses like Castel del Monte, and the town of Lecce, with Roman amphitheater dating back to the 2nd century. Click the Itinerary tab for complete details, then book online or call 1-888-937-8474 to plan with a destination specialist.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Bari, Venice-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 16 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bari
- 2 nights Lecce
- 1 night Matera
- 3 nights Naples
- 3 nights Rome
- 2 nights Florence
- 2 nights Venice
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 24 meals: 16 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Historical walking tour of the revitalized narrow lanes of Bari’s Old City (Bari Vecchia)
- Tour Castel del Monte, an extraordinary medieval fortress celebrated for its octagonal design
- Walk the seaside town of Trani with its picturesque harbor and 12th century Cathedral
- Lunch at a beautiful Masseria (local farmhouse) featuring regional specialties and wine
- Stroll along 300 year old cobblestone streets in Lecce named the "Florence of the South"
- In Alberobello, view the traditional dry stone huts known as trulli
- Tour Matera’s mysterious Sassi (ancient stone dwellings), a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the archaeological site of Pompeii, a 2,000 year old city that was frozen in time
- Drive along the Amalfi coast, undoubtedly one of the most spectacular drives in the world
- Historic tour of Ancient Rome including the Roman Forum and the Colosseum
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and Michelangelo's incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Visit the 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco in Assisi
- Stand before Michelangelo's David in Florence
- See Pisa's Piazza dei Miracoli with its famous Leaning Tower
- Stop at a typical farm in the Tuscan countryside for wine tasting and local specialties
- Walking tour of St. Mark’s Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
New Rome Bus Regulation for 2019 - It was recently announced that the city of Rome will be implementing new regulations for tourist bus access to the historical city center, including the areas near the Colosseum, Forum and Vatican City. These regulations are expected to take effect on Jan 1 2019. At this time, we are uncertain of the impact these regulations will have on our itineraries, but we are closely monitoring the situation and still planning to operate as usual. Due to the uncertainty of these new regulations, the means of transportation and order of your scheduled itinerary may be subject to change.
Some departures are operated with more than one coach. Hotels of similar standard may be substituted.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Enjoy a panoramic drive on the seaside, through a landscape drenched in history, with its olive trees that date back centuries. Oil has ancient ties with this land and visitors will discover a passion for good food with roots in traditions passed down over the ages. It is a must to taste the "green gold" (extra-virgin olive oil) that enhances the flavor of almost any Mediterranean dish!
Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #3||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019||$59.00|
A full day tour will take you all the way to Santa Maria di Leuca, the end of the tip of the Italian heel, where the Adriatic Sea meets the Ionian Sea. Rocky coastline, beaches, fishing villages, watchtowers are waiting to be experienced in the most remote area of Puglia region. Enjoy a lunch of local delicacies, before continuing along the coast to reach Otranto, the Easternmost Italian town. Stroll through the historical town center surrounded by its ancient walls, check out the tiny shops or savor a gelato in an outdoor café, before returning to Lecce.
Approximate tour duration is 8 hours.
|Day #6||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$99.00|
Enjoy a full day journey to the colorful Isle of Capri by boat. Visit the lovely Anacapri and explore the charming shops and chic boutiques as you stroll the island's narrow streets. Continue to see "La Piazzetta," the social heart of the island, on your way to the open-air Gardens of Augustus, from where you will appreciate breathtaking views of the famous Faraglioni rocks. Tour includes: local guide, round trip transportation to port, round trip transportation by fast boat, minibus or cable car transportation on the island.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 7 hours.
|Day #10||04 Nov 2018 - 31 Mar 2020||$119.00|
This half day walking tour takes you to explore the grand piazzas of the Eternal City. Stand in awe in front of the majestic Spanish Steps, the longest and widest decorative steps in Europe, and with your local guide stroll through the most characteristic "piazzas and vias " of Rome. Stop to admire the breathtaking grandeur of the Trevi Fountain and take the opportunity to toss in one, two, or three coins, each of which is supposed to bring a unique kind of good fortune. View the monumental Pantheon, the best preserved of any Roman building and admire the baroque Piazza Navona, which follows the shape of the ancient Roman Domitian Stadium, with Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers and the Egyptian Obelisk.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 2-3 hours.
|Day #13||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$49.00|
One of the experiences of any Italian holiday is a Venetian gondola ride. For centuries, the traditional flat bottom boat has been a major means of transportation in Venice though its primary role today is to take tourists on rides. Gondoliers may seem like "rough-and-ready" characters, however they are actually highly skilled operators constantly working on the perfect balance of this watercraft. The profession, handed down from generation to generation, is regulated by a guild which issues a limited number of licenses to highly trained gondoliers to navigate the narrow spaces of the Venetian Canals. Explore part of the Grand Canal as well as some other hidden minor waterways. The gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. Your gondolier will indicate the seating arrangements to balance the boat and you may not be seated next to your travel companions. Though you may envision the gondolier singing to you, there will only be a musician aboard one of the boats in your fleet of several different gondolas.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
|Day #17||01 Nov 2018 - 31 May 2019||$62.00|
|01 Jun 2019 - 28 Oct 2019||$66.00|
|29 Oct 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$62.00|