Can’t decide between Sicily and Italy? Explore them both! Start with Sicily, exploring Greek ruins, active volcanoes, and Palermo. Then fly to Italy for the grand tour, from Rome to Venice with everything in between! Explore Tuscany, marvel at the great Duomo of Florence and tour the Sistine Chapel. To reserve your spot, book online or call 1-888-937-8474 to speak with a destination specialist.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Palermo, Venice-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flight Catania-Rome
- 13 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Palermo
- 1 night Agrigento
- 3 nights Giardini Naxos
- 3 nights Rome
- 2 nights Florence
- 2 nights Venice
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 22 meals: 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit the stunning Norman Cathedral in Monreale with its glittering 12th century Byzantine mosaics
- Tour the old city of Palermo with its incredible mix of architectural styles
- Discover Agrigento's Valley of the Temples, the best preserved outside of Greece
- Ascend the lava-crusted slopes of Mt. Etna - the most active volcano in the world!
- Visit the Greek Theatre in Taormina, one of the largest in Sicily
- Historic tour of Ancient Rome including the Roman Forum and the Colosseum
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and Michelangelo's incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Visit the 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco in Assisi
- Stand before Michelangelo's David in Florence
- See Pisa's Piazza dei Miracoli with its famous Leaning Tower
- Stop at a typical farm in the Tuscan countryside for wine tasting and local specialties
- Walking tour of St. Mark's Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flight Catania to Rome.
New Rome Bus Regulation for 2019 - It was recently announced that the city of Rome will be implementing new regulations for tourist bus access to the historical city center, including the areas near the Colosseum, Forum and Vatican City. These regulations are expected to take effect on Jan 1 2019. At this time, we are uncertain of the impact these regulations will have on our itineraries, but we are closely monitoring the situation and still planning to operate as usual. Due to the uncertainty of these new regulations, the means of transportation and order of your scheduled itinerary may be subject to change.
Some departures are operated with more than one coach. Hotels of similar standard may be substituted.
Some departures may stay at the Rivoli Boutique Hotel in Florence instead of the Grand Hotel Adriatico.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Enjoy a journey to the town of Cefalù, distinguished by its medieval settings and first mentioned in 396 BC by the Scholar Diodoro Siculo. Starting Begin from Piazza Garibaldi, following Corso Ruggero until reaching the magnificent Piazza del Duomo, where you will experience the splendidly intact atmosphere of this pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The beautiful Norman/Byzantine cathedral dates to the 12th century, when King Roger II of Sicily had it built to make Cefalù the center of the Norman power together with Palermo. Of particular charm is the Fisherman Village with its ancient houses facing the sea on one of Sicily's most beautiful sand beaches.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #3||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$59.00|
Step back in time to the glorious days of Greek Sicily, and explore the birthplace of Archimedes. Get a glimpse of Siracusa as it was in ancient times with a visit to the archaeological park, with its Greek theatre, the remains of Roman Amphitheater, and the "Ear of Dionysius," an awe-inspiring artificial limestone cave renowned for its outstanding acoustics. Then, admire its old quarter, also known as "Città Vecchia" or "Old City", a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located on the island of Ortygia.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 7 hours.
|Day #7||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$99.00|
This half day walking tour takes you to explore the grand piazzas of the Eternal City. Stand in awe in front of the majestic Spanish Steps, the longest and widest decorative steps in Europe, and with your local guide stroll through the most characteristic "piazzas and vias " of Rome. Stop to admire the breathtaking grandeur of the Trevi Fountain and take the opportunity to toss in one, two, or three coins, each of which is supposed to bring a unique kind of good fortune. View the monumental Pantheon, the best preserved of any Roman building and admire the baroque Piazza Navona, which follows the shape of the ancient Roman Domitian Stadium, with Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers and the Egyptian Obelisk.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 2-3 hours.
|Day #10||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$49.00|
One of the experiences of any Italian holiday is a Venetian gondola ride. For centuries, the traditional flat bottom boat has been a major means of transportation in Venice though its primary role today is to take tourists on rides. Gondoliers may seem like "rough-and-ready" characters, however they are actually highly skilled operators constantly working on the perfect balance of this watercraft. The profession, handed down from generation to generation, is regulated by a guild which issues a limited number of licenses to highly trained gondoliers to navigate the narrow spaces of the Venetian Canals. Explore part of the Grand Canal as well as some other hidden minor waterways. The gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. Your gondolier will indicate the seating arrangements to balance the boat and you may not be seated next to your travel companions. Though you may envision the gondolier singing to you, there will only be a musician aboard one of the boats in your fleet of several different gondolas.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
|Day #14||01 Nov 2018 - 31 May 2019||$62.00|
|01 Jun 2019 - 28 Oct 2019||$66.00|