Ancient origins, medieval heritage, Renaissance splendor: get to know the cities of Italy's Adriatic coastline on this unique tour. With highlights including Matera, Venice, Ravenna and Bari, you'll be treated to tours of historic sites, local flavors, and first-class hotels. Click the Itinerary tab for day-by-day details on everything included, then book online or call 1-888-937-8474 to book with a destination specialist.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Venice, Bari-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Venice
- 2 nights Ravenna
- 1 night Pescara
- 2 nights Matera
- 2 nights Lecce
- 2 nights Bari
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 19 meals: 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit St. Mark’s Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Stop at the magnificent Villa Pisani, a famous Palladian Villa that lies on the Riviera del Brenta
- Walking tour of Ravenna, known for its artistic and historical heritage
- Discover the city of Urbino, known as “Cradle of Renaissance”
- Visit Castel del Monte, an extraordinary medieval fortress celebrated for its octagonal design
- Tour Matera’s mysterious Sassi (ancient stone dwellings), a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Alberobello, view the traditional dry stone huts known as trulli
- Stroll along 300 year old cobblestone streets in Lecce named the “Florence of the South”
- Lunch at a beautiful Masseria (local farmhouse) featuring regional specialities and wine
- Historical walking tour of the revitalized narrow lanes of Bari’s Old City (Bari Vecchia)
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
One of the highlights of any Italian holiday! Enjoy a relaxing gondola ride with music along the famous Grand Canal, and experience a piece of Venetian history. Glide along the centuries old canals, past lavish palaces and under famous arched bridges (the Gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. There will be one musician on board of one of the gondolas in your fleet).
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
|Day #3||01 Nov 2018 - 31 May 2019||$62.00|
|01 Jun 2019 - 28 Oct 2019||$66.00|
Rising between the Regions of Emilia Romagna and Marche, the Independent Republic of San Marino is the oldest republic in the world still in existence, legend says it was founded in 301 AD. The access gate, uphill winding narrow streets filled with shops, towers dominating Mount Titano, and the blue and orange uniforms of the guards create a "once upon a time" atmosphere. Enjoy views of the Public Palace and the Cava dei Balestrieri as you walk to reach the castle atop. Should you feel brave, continue for a walk on the "Witches Trail," a spectacular path that connects the three main towers and offers unique views. Famous for its shopping, the historical center is filled with jewelry and watch shops, and traditional crafts including ceramics, lace, wood and metal items.
Approximate tour duration is 6 hours.
|Day #5||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2019||$59.00|
A full day tour will take you all the way to Santa Maria di Leuca, the end of the tip of the Italian heel, where the Adriatic Sea meets the Ionian Sea. Rocky coastline, beaches, fishing villages, watchtowers are waiting to be experienced in the most remote area of Puglia region. Enjoy a lunch of local delicacies, before continuing along the coast to reach Otranto, the Easternmost Italian town. Stroll through the historical town center surrounded by its ancient walls, check out the tiny shops or savor a gelato in an outdoor café, before returning to Lecce.
Approximate tour duration is 8 hours.
|Day #10||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$99.00|
Enjoy a panoramic drive on the seaside, through a landscape dotted with olive trees that date back centuries. Oil has ancient ties with this land, it is a must to taste the "green gold" (extra-virgin olive oil) that enhances the flavor of almost any Mediterranean dish! Continue to the historic seaside town of Trani on the Adriatic coast with its picturesque harbor and 12th-century Cathedral di San Nicola Pellegrino, spectacularly positioned at the water's edge.
Approximate tour duration is 5.5 hours.
|Day #12||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2019||$69.00|