Get to know southern Italy with this tour, which includes Bari, Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. Medieval castles and fishing villages, local farmhouses and Baroque city squares, cliffside towns and mountaintop gardens: you'll be delighted by southern Italy's unique charms. Start planning your Italy vacation by exploring the itinerary below, then book online or call a travel specialist at 1-888-937-8474 to customize your vacation.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Bari, Naples-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bari
- 2 nights Lecce
- 1 night Matera
- 3 nights Naples
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees, and service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 13 meals: 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Historical walking tour of the revitalized narrow lanes of Bari’s Old City (Bari Vecchia)
- Tour Castel del Monte, an extraordinary medieval fortress celebrated for its octagonal design
- Walk the seaside town of Trani with its picturesque harbor and 12th century Cathedral
- Lunch at a beautiful Masseria (local farmhouse) featuring regional specialties and wine
- Stroll along 300 year old cobblestone streets in Lecce named the “Florence of the South”
- In Alberobello, view the traditional dry stone huts known as trulli
- Tour Matera’s mysterious Sassi (ancient stone dwellings), a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the archaeological site of Pompeii, a 2,000 year old city that was frozen in time
- Drive along the Amalfi coast, undoubtedly one of the most spectacular drives in the world
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Some departures are operated with more than one coach. Hotels of similar standard may be substituted.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Enjoy a panoramic drive on the seaside, through a landscape drenched in history, with its olive trees that date back centuries. Oil has ancient ties with this land and visitors will discover a passion for good food with roots in traditions passed down over the ages. It is a must to taste the "green gold" (extra-virgin olive oil) that enhances the flavor of almost any Mediterranean dish!
Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #3||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019||$59.00|
A full day tour will take you all the way to Santa Maria di Leuca, the end of the tip of the Italian heel, where the Adriatic Sea meets the Ionian Sea. Rocky coastline, beaches, fishing villages, watchtowers are waiting to be experienced in the most remote area of Puglia region. Enjoy a lunch of local delicacies, before continuing along the coast to reach Otranto, the Easternmost Italian town. Stroll through the historical town center surrounded by its ancient walls, check out the tiny shops or savor a gelato in an outdoor café, before returning to Lecce.
Approximate tour duration is 8 hours.
|Day #6||01 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$99.00|
Enjoy a full day journey to the colorful Isle of Capri by boat. Visit the lovely Anacapri and explore the charming shops and chic boutiques as you stroll the island's narrow streets. Continue to see "La Piazzetta," the social heart of the island, on your way to the open-air Gardens of Augustus, from where you will appreciate breathtaking views of the famous Faraglioni rocks. Tour includes: local guide, round trip transportation to port, round trip transportation by fast boat, minibus or cable car transportation on the island.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 7 hours.
|Day #10||04 Nov 2018 - 31 Mar 2020||$119.00|