Are you ready to explore Italy’s stunning Lake Region, along with the sun-drenched hills of Tuscany? This tour explores Italy’s northernmost gems, from charming villages along the shores of Lake Como, to the dramatic cliffside villages of Cinque Terre. In between the mountains and the sea, you’ll discover Tuscany’s own spa city of Montecatini, medieval Lucca, the Roman ruins of Verona, the canals of Venice, and the gem-colored houses of Murano. Add on optional tours which include the museums of Florence and the medieval city of Siena for a tour of northern Italy you’ll never forget. Ready to plan? Explore the itinerary below, then book online or call a travel specialist at 1-888-937-8474.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Milan, Florence-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Como
- 2 nights Venice
- 4 nights Montecatini
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 13 meals: 8 breakfasts, 5 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Discover the Lakes Region with a scenic cruise
- Walking tour of Verona, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit St. Mark’s Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Walking tour in the walled city of Lucca, a jewel of medieval architecture
- Stay in Montecatini Terme, the spa center of Italy
- Enjoy a rustic Tuscan Paesana Dinner with wine and olive-tasting
- Celebrate the beauty of Florence at the Accademia of Fine Arts, where Michelangelo's David is housed
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2019 Dates & Prices||2019 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Milan Linate Airport to Como transfers available at an additional cost.
Some departures are operated with more than one coach. Hotels of similar standard may be substituted.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
One of the experiences of any Italian holiday is a Venetian gondola ride. For centuries, the traditional flat bottom boat has been a major means of transportation in Venice though its primary role today is to take tourists on rides. Gondoliers may seem like "rough-and-ready" characters, however they are actually highly skilled operators constantly working on the perfect balance of this watercraft. The profession, handed down from generation to generation, is regulated by a guild which issues a limited number of licenses to highly trained gondoliers to navigate the narrow spaces of the Venetian Canals. Explore part of the Grand Canal as well as some other hidden minor waterways. The gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. Your gondolier will indicate the seating arrangements to balance the boat and you may not be seated next to your travel companions. Though you may envision the gondolier singing to you, there will only be a musician aboard one of the boats in your fleet of several different gondolas.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
|Day #5||01 Nov 2018 - 31 May 2019||$62.00|
|01 Jun 2019 - 28 Oct 2019||$66.00|
Today, travel to the spectacular Cinque Terre, one of the most beautiful areas of the Liguria region. Here, the five small villages of Rio Maggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza & Monte Rosso are all part of the Cinque Terre National Park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your tour will include a visit to at least two of these spectacular villages, nestled in the cliffs overlooking the sea and the surrounding hillsides. This active trip covers a fair amount of ground. Expect from three to four hours walking where you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Trains and/or boats will be the means of transportation.
* Exact tour itinerary and villages visited to be advised locally. Operation of the tour is subject of weather condition and group size.
Approximate tour duration is 9 hours.
|Day #7||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$99.00|
Enjoy a tour of the medieval city of Siena, site of the famous Horserace of Palio. This traditional race takes place each year on July 2nd and August 16th, and runs in celebration of the holy apparition and assumption of the Virgin Mary, patron saint of the city. Tour Campo Square and St. Dominic's Church before returning to Montecatini.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 7 hours.
|Day #8||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$99.00|