Get to know southern Italy with this tour, which includes Bari, Lecce, Pompeii, and Naples. Medieval castles and fishing villages, local farmhouses and Baroque city squares, cliffside towns and mountaintop gardens: southern Italy’s beauty, history, and culture are waiting to delight you. Start planning your Italy vacation by exploring the itinerary below, then book online or call a travel specialist at 1-888-937-8474 to customize your vacation.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Bari, Naples-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bari
- 2 nights Lecce
- 1 night Matera
- 2 nights Naples
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees, and service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 12 meals: 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Historical walking tour of the revitalized narrow lanes of Bari’s Old City (Bari Vecchia)
- Tour Castel del Monte, an extraordinary medieval fortress celebrated for its octagonal design
- Lunch at a beautiful Masseria (local farmhouse) featuring regional specialties and wine
- Stroll along 300 year old cobblestone streets in Lecce named the “Florence of the South”
- In Alberobello, view the traditional dry stone huts known as trulli
- Tour Matera’s mysterious Sassi (ancient stone dwellings), a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the archaeological site of Pompeii, a 2,000 year old city that was frozen in time
- Tour the historic center of Naples, including the amazing statue of the Veiled Christ
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2019 Dates & Prices||2019 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Some departures are operated with more than one coach. Hotels of similar standard may be substituted.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Discover the historical seaside town of Trani. Located on the Adriatic coast with its picturesque harbor and it marvelous 12th-century Cathedral of San Nicola Pellegrino, spectacularly positioned at the water's edge. Enjoy time to walk through the charming and quaint town before returning to Bari.
Approximate tour duration 5 hours
|Day #3||01 Nov 2018 - 31 Mar 2019||$59.00|
Enjoy a panoramic drive on the seaside, through a landscape drenched in history, with its olive trees that date back centuries. Oil has ancient ties with this land and visitors will discover a passion for good food with roots in traditions passed down over the ages. It is a must to taste the "green gold" (extra-virgin olive oil) that enhances the flavor of almost any Mediterranean dish!
Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #4||01 Mar 2018 - 31 Mar 2019||$59.00|
A full day tour will take you all the way to Santa Maria di Leuca, the end of the tip of the Italian heel, where the Adriatic Sea meets the Ionian Sea. Rocky coastline, beaches, fishing villages, watchtowers are waiting to be experienced in the most remote area of Puglia region. Enjoy a lunch of local delicacies, before continuing along the coast to reach Otranto, the Easternmost Italian town. Stroll through the historical town center surrounded by its ancient walls, check out the tiny shops or savor a gelato in an outdoor café, before returning to Lecce.
Approximate tour duration is 8 hours.
|Day #6||01 Mar 2018 - 31 Mar 2019||$99.00|