Come explore the ancient villages and beautiful mountains of Sicily, an island of incredible history and cultural diversity. From the ancient Greeks to the Byzantine empire, many cultures have left their mark on the art, architecture and cuisine of Sicily. This tour starts in the city of Palermo and takes you to visit Greek ruins, the slopes of Mt. Etna, and medieval towns perched on hilltops. You'll enjoy a full day of leisure to sight-see or relax as you like in the Baroque city of Catania, and visit nearby sites featuring classic Greek architecture. Visit with locals, dine on local specialties on a farm, and admire the view of the stunning Bay of Naxos. Your week in Sicily is one you'll never forget. Discover our incredible Sicily itinerary below, then choose your departure date to book online, or call a travel specialist at 1-888-937-8474.
Escorted Package Includes
- Round trip flights New York-Palermo, Palermo-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 7 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Palermo
- 1 night Agrigento
- 3 nights Catania
- Italian city hotel taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 11 meals: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Visit the grand Norman Cathedral, an architectural masterpiece
- Walk the lanes of the ancient Old City of Palermo
- Savor lunch based on local specialties on a farm with an olive oil tasting
- In Agrigento, visit the impressive Valley of the Temples
- Explore the foothills around Mount Etna
- Stroll in the Old City of Catania, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- View intricate Roman mosaics at the famous Roman Villa del Casale
- Wine and mineral water with all dinners and lunches
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Cefalù is first mentioned in 396 BC by the Scholar Diodoro Siculo and today the town distinguishes itself by its medieval settings. Starting from Piazza Garibaldi, following Corso Ruggero until reaching the magnificent Piazza del Duomo, where you will experience the splendidly intact atmosphere of this pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The beautiful Norman/Byzantine cathedral dates to the 12th century, when King Roger II of Sicily had it built to make Cefalù the center of the Norman power together with Palermo. Of particular charm is the Fisherman Village with its ancient houses facing the sea on one of Sicily's most beautiful sand beaches. Pick-up details to be advised locally.
|Day #3||01 Apr 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$59.00|
Enjoy an afternoon tour of Taormina, one of Sicily's most prominent attractions, also known as the Jewel of the Ionic. Start off with a walking tour including the city's most famous archaeological monuments and medieval homes. Continue with a visit of the Greek Theater, one of the most celebrated ruins in Sicily, from which you can enjoy magnificent views of the coastline and countryside. Pick up details to be advised locally.
|Day #6||01 May 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$99.00|
Step back in time to the glorious days of Greek Sicily, and explore the birthplace of Archimedes. Get a glimpse of Siracusa as it was in ancient times with a visit to the archaeological park, with its Greek theatre, the remains of Roman Amphitheater, and the "Ear of Dionysius," an awe-inspiring artificial limestone cave renowned for its outstanding acoustics. Then, admire its old quarter, also known as Città Vecchia or "Old City" a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located on the island of Ortygia. Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 6 hours.
|Day #7||01 Apr 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$99.00|