Venice, Murano, Tuscany, Florence, Rome: it’s all here on this classic tour of Italy. Enjoy extra immersion with a Tuscan cooking class, a visit to the islands of Burano and Torcello, and a tour of ancient Rome. A balance of planned and optional tours means you’ll plenty of flexible time to explore on your own! Start planning your Italy vacation by exploring the itinerary below, then book online or call a travel specialist at 1-888-937-8474 to customize your vacation.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Venice, Rome-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Venice
- 3 nights Florence
- 3 nights Rome
- Italian city hotel taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 14 meals: 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit the pink marble Doge's Palace in Venice
- Discover the delightful islands of the Venice Lagoon, including Murano, Burano and Torcello, the first settlement in the Lagoon
- Prepare a delectable home-cooked Italian meal with lessons from the chef of a restaurant in the countryside
- Stand before Michelangelo's David in Florence
- Visit the 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco in Assisi
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and Michelangelo's incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Historic tour of Ancient Rome including the Roman Forum and the Colosseum
- Wine & mineral water with all dinners
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Some departures are operated with more than one coach. Hotels of similar standard may be substituted.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
*Due to Religious events, the opening times of St. Peter Basilica are subject to change without notice. In these cases, you will visit the Vatican Library instead of the Basilica.
One of the highlights of any Italian holiday! Enjoy a relaxing gondola ride with music along the famous Grand Canal, and experience a piece of Venetian history. Glide along the centuries old canals, past lavish palaces and under famous arched bridges (the Gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. There will be one musician on board of one of the gondolas in your fleet).
Pick-up details to be advised locally.
|Day #3||01 May 2017 - 31 Dec 2017||$56.00|
Today, experience a Walking Tour of Venice, designed to take you "off the beaten path" to fabulous places less traveled by tourists. You start the walk at Santa Maria Formosa, an inspirational white church dating back to 1492, and the exceptional Santa Maria dei Miracoli, the marble church, a lasting example of early Venetian Renaissance. Arrive at Marco Polo's house, where the world explorer lived, located close to the Rialto Bridge with its famous market area.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
|Day #4||01 Apr 2017 - 31 Dec 2017||$59.00|
Enjoy a tour of the medieval city of Siena, site of the famous Horserace of Palio. This traditional race takes place each year on July 2nd and August 16th, and runs in celebration of the holy apparition and assumption of the Virgin Mary, patron saint of the city. Tour Campo Square and St. Dominic's Church before returning to Florence.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 6 hours.
|Day #7||01 Apr 2017 - 31 Dec 2017||$89.00|
This half day walking tour takes you to explore the grand piazzas of the Eternal City. Stand in awe in front of the majestic Spanish Steps, the longest and widest decorative steps in Europe, and with your local guide stroll through the most characteristic "piazzas and vias " of Rome. Stop to admire the breathtaking grandeur of the Trevi Fountain and take the opportunity to toss in one, two, or three coins, each of which is supposed to bring a unique kind of good fortune. View the monumental Pantheon, the best preserved of any Roman building and admire the baroque Piazza Navona, which follows the shape of the ancient Roman Diocletian Stadium, with Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers and the Egyptian Obelisk. Pick-up details to be advised locally.
|Day #9||01 Apr 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$44.00|