Enjoy the holiday season in Germany, where Christmas Markets have been a tradition since the middle ages! At each fantastic stop, you'll discover history spanning the centuries, from medieval timbered towns to fascinating 20th-century landmarks. And of course you'll do some unique Christmas shopping! Explore the itinerary below, then book online or call a destination specialist at 1-888-937-8474 to plan your perfect German vacation.
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Berlin, Munich-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Berlin
- 2 nights Dresden
- 2 nights Wurzburg
- 2 nights Munich
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 11 meals: 8 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Experience the dazzling Christmas Markets in Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden, Wurzburg, Nuremberg and Munich
- Cross the former Iron Curtain to the landmarks of Berlin including "Checkpoint Charlie"
- In Potsdam, view Sanssouci Palace, the luxurious private retreat of Frederick the Great
- Discover Dresden, an astonishing city that emerged from destruction to splendor
- In Nuremberg, view the historic Palace of Justice where the Nuremberg Trials were held
- At Marienplatz Square in Munich, watch the famous glockenspiel clock
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Embark on a fascinating tour into Berlin’s turbulent past. Your knowledgeable guide makes Berlin’s history come alive as you delve beneath the surface to see what remains of the city of the latter part of the 20th century. Begin the tour at the East Side Gallery a preserved colorful section of the wall, now one of the longest open air art galleries in the world and continue to the Berlin Wall Memorial. Finally visit the Topography of Terror, an indoor exhibition located on the former site of the Gestapo Headquarters.
Approximate tour duration is 4 hours.
|Day #3||01 Nov 2019 - 31 Dec 2020||$49.00|
This evening, get acquainted with traditional Bavarian culture in the heart of Munich. Begin the evening with a stroll to the Hofbrauhaus, one of Munich's oldest and most famous beer halls. This institution was built in the 16th century, and continues to brew its beer according to the strict Bavarian Beer Purity Laws. Continue to a local restaurant to enjoy some hearty Bavarian fare and cheerful "gemutlichkeit"!
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #8||01 Nov 2019 - 31 Dec 2020||$79.00|
Two of the highlights of southern Bavaria are visited during this excursion to the high Alps. First, admire the artistically decorated castle Linderhof built by "Mad" King Ludwig II along with a guided tour of the palace. Proceed via the Ettal Monastery to Oberammergau, world-famous for its Passion Play, the woodcarvers and the richly painted houses (Lüftl-paintings).
Approximate tour duration is 5.5 hours.
|Day #9||03 Nov 2019 - 31 Mar 2020||$64.00|