Ancient caves, Roman antiquities, medieval castles, Renaissance cathedrals, modern museums: the cultural significance of Spain and France spans millennia. Discover it for yourself, from the Lascaux cave paintings to Frank Gehry's Guggenheim Museum, on this small-group tour experience. You'll enjoy unique tours and experiences only small groups can access, such as a farmhouse dinner and a stay in a French chateau. Explore the itinerary below, then book your tour online or call 1-888-937-8474 to speak with a destination specialist.
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Madrid, Barcelona-New York
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Madrid
- 2 nights Bilbao
- 2 nights St. Emilion
- 2 nights Sarlat
- 1 night Carcassonne
- 3 nights Barcelona
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges including Barcelona city taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 21 meals: 12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Wine, coffee and tea served with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the renowned Prado Museum - stand before masterpieces by Goya and El Greco
- Tour a traditional Spanish winery and cellar in the Rioja region and enjoy a wine tasting
- In the Basque city of Bilbao, visit the inspirational and glittering Guggenheim Museum
- Visit the stunning seaside resort of San Sebastian, called the "Pearl" of northern Spain
- Stay at a Chateau in the countryside near the UNESCO World Heritage village of St. Emilion
- Specially arranged wine tasting at a local vineyard of fabulous Bordeaux wines
- Travel to the exquisite pilgrimage site at Rocamadour, set precariously into limestone cliffs
- Visit the impressive fortified walled city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Play a local game of Petanque with your fellow travelers
- In the Catalonian city of Figueres, visit the Dali Theatre-Museum, designed by the artist
- Visit Gaudi's masterpiece, the unfinished fanciful La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
|France & Spain: History, Culture & Wine|
|Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque||Madrid|
|NH Collection Villa de Bilbao||Bilbao|
|Chateau Grand Barrail Hotel||Saint-Émilion|
|Au Grand Hotel de Sarlat Pavilon Selves||Sarlat|
|Hotel des Trois Couronnes||Carcassonne|
|NH Collection Barcelona Gran Hotel Calderon||Barcelona|
|Hotel Negresco Princess||Barcelona|
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2019 Dates & Prices||2019 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Sep 18 departure will be accommodated at Hotel Negresco Princess in Barcelona
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Toledo is a "Museum City" of great artistic beauty. Former capital of Spain and one of the oldest cities in Europe, Toledo has magnificent examples of architecture from different periods, making it one of the leading artistic cities of the country. In Toledo visit the most famous monuments, such as St. Tome Church, which houses El Greco's 'The Burial of Count Orgaz" and the Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue. Also admire its famous hand-crafted work, the "Damasquinado."
Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #3||01 Jan 2019 - 10 Apr 2019||$70.00|
|11 Apr 2019 - 24 Dec 2019||$70.00|