Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Bucharest, Bucharest-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bucharest
- 2 nights Sibiu
- 1 night Targu Mures
- 2 nights Piatra Neamt
- 2 nights Brasov
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 16 meals: 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Visit the gigantic Palace of the Parliament, the second largest administrative building in the world
- Tour Cozia Monastery, one of the most important structures of national medieval art in Romania
- Enjoy a walking tour of Sibiu, with its impressive Old Town
- Astra open-air Museum, Europe's largest open-air ethnographic museum
- Explore the Calnic Fortified Church, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover Sighisoara, one of Romania’s most charming medieval towns
- Visit Teleki-Bolyai Library, founded at the end of the 18th century, one of the oldest libraries in Transylvania
- Tour medieval Bran Castle, made famous by Bram Stoker's novel Dracula
- Romantic Peles Castle, former summer residence of Romania's first royal family
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
This tour, concentrates on the recent history of the communist regime, which took hold in Romania in Dec, 1947 and lasted until the violent 1989 uprising at Revolution Square. Get a unique insight into life under the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his tyrannical wife, while traveling through the formerly inaccessible neighborhood. Visit Primaverii Palace, former residence of Nicolae Ceausescu and discover where the political elite lived during the communist era. Drive along Unirii Boulevard and view the Civic Center, part of the grandiose project called "Project Bucharest " which Ceausescu started to build.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #3||01 May 2019 - 31 Oct 2019||$49.00|
In the evening, drive to the charming village of Sibiel, a place where time stood still. Surrounded by forest, Sibiel is one of the best preserved and most beautiful old traditional villages in Romania. After a short walk, ride a horse-drawn carriage to a local farmhouse, where you will savor a delectable traditional dinner, while being entertained by talented local musicians.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 4 hours.
|Day #5||01 May 2019 - 31 Oct 2019||$56.00|
Today, journey to Bukovina. This area is one of the most authentic and unspoiled rural areas in Europe, home to the renowned Painted Monasteries, whose exteriors are coated in stunning 15th and 16th century frescoes. Visit Humor Monastery, built in 1530, one of the first painted monasteries. Admire the magnificent exterior of Byzantine period frescoes showing scenes from the Siege of Constantinople and the Last Judgment. Continue to
Voronet Monastery, also known as the "Sistine Chapel of the East". Its frescoes, feature an intense shade of blue, a color known as "Vorone". Enjoy lunch at the local restaurant. Afterward, head back to Piatra Neamt. En route, stop at Neamt Monastery to visit the imposing church, built by Moldavian ruler Stephan the Great.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 9 hours.
|Day #8||01 May 2019 - 31 Oct 2019||$79.00|