Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Frankfurt, Vienna-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Frankfurt
- 1 night Rothenburg
- 2 nights Munich
- 2 nights Salzburg
- 2 nights Vienna
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 13 meals: 9 breakfasts, 4 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Cruise on the scenic Rhine River past exquisite landscapes of castles and villages
- Visit the imposing red sandstone ruins of Heidelberg Castle, a Gothic masterpiece
- Travel to Rothenburg-ob-der Tauber, the walled town where time has stood still
- Tour Bavarian Munich with its world-famous "dancing" Glockenspiel clock
- Visit magical Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and scene of the Sound of Music
- Tour the Imperial Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
Two of the highlights of southern Bavaria are visited during this excursion to the high Alps. First, admire the artistically decorated castle Linderhof built by "Mad" King Ludwig II along with a guided tour of the palace. Proceed via the Ettal Monastery to Oberammergau, world-famous for its Passion Play, the woodcarvers and the richly painted houses (Lüftl-paintings).
Approximate tour duration is 5.5 hours.
|Day #6||01 Jan 2017 - 05 Nov 2017||$62.00|
Excursion into the surrounding countryside of Salzburg to the ruins of Obersalzberg, once an important mountain retreat for senior Nazi SS officers and top party members. Transfer to special motor coaches adapted for the scenic mountain climb to Hitler’s notorious "Eagle's Nest." Ascending with the original elevator to the Kehlsteinhaus, you’ll see dramatic views of the snowcapped peaks
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
This tour will not operate in April, May, October and November. In the event of inclement weather, the Eagle's Nest will be closed and the optional will not operate.
|Day #7||01 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017||$64.00|
Depart Salzburg and begin your exploration of Austria’s pristine Lake District. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery on the way to St. Wolfgang, where there will be free time to explore the picturesque town. Later enjoy a leisurely lake cruise, passing soaring mountains and fairytale villages made famous thanks to the iconic movie The Sound of Music.
Approximate tour duration is 4.5 hours.
|Day #8||01 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017||$60.00|
Experience a delightful evening of Viennese culture in the "City of Music." Attend a concert featuring the classical masterpieces of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss, two of Vienna's most famous citizens. The musicians will bring to life the passionate strains of Mozart, a child prodigy who blossomed into one of history's greatest composers and Strauss, the Waltz King, who composed the Blue Danube, the world's most famous waltz.
Approximate tour duration is 2.5 hours.
|Day #9||01 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$68.00|
This morning enjoy a half-day excursion across the border to Bratislava, capital of Slovakia. For centuries, this city has been famous for its charm and beauty. It has undergone a major revitalization and now flourishes as one of Europe's newest capitals. The beautifully restored old town with its winding lanes and medieval courtyards is nestled between the steep Castle Hill and the Danube River. First, explore the historic center on a guided walking tour. Then, with time at leisure, stroll the lively pedestrian streets of this charming city where local street vendors offer regional gifts.
Approximate tour duration is 4 hours.
|Day #10||01 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||$67.00|