Embark on a journey through India, Nepal and Bhutan with a small-group tour. This itinerary is dedicated to bringing you deep into the culture, history and traditions of this spectacular region. Ranging from India's northern cities of Jaipur and New Delhi to the heights of the Himalayas and the lush jungles of the valleys below, you'll enjoy palaces and temples, cultural shows and home-cooked meals. Click the Itinerary tab for full details on this amazing tour, then book online or call 1-888-937-8474 for expert travel planning assistance.
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-New Delhi, Kathmandu-New York
Other departure cities available. Please click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: New Delhi-Kathmandu, Kathmandu-Chitwan, Chitwan-Pokhara, Pokhara-Kathmandu, Kathmandu Paro & Paro-Kathmandu
- 24 nights accommodations
- 3 nights New Delhi
- 2 nights Agra
- 2 nights Jaipur
- 1 night Samode
- 5 nights Kathmandu
- 2 nights Chitwan National Park
- 2 nights Pokhara
- 3 nights Thimphu
- 1 night Punakha
- 3 nights Paro
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 58 meals: 24 breakfasts, 16 lunches, 19 dinners with wine (including 3 home hosted dinners, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour managers throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Bhutan Visa
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals
- Drive past the India Gate War Memorial in New Delhi
- See the sandstone Qutab Minar Victory Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the astonishing Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a symbol of India's rich history
- Ascend to spectacular Amber Fort with its gorgeous Palace of Mirrors
- Attend an elegant gala dinner in Samode, filled with delectable local specialties and great entertainment
- Enjoy a visit to the Gandhi Smriti, the official residence and a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi
- Stand at the Buddhist Stupa of Swayambhunath, the oldest shrine in the world
- Learn more about the rich culture and hospitality of the Nepalese people at a village themed lunch with traditional favorites from a local farm
- Spiritual journey to Pashupatinath, one of the most sacred Hindu shrines in the world
- Special prayer ceremony and blessing from the Holy Lama in Boudhanath
- Tour the Pokhara Valley with its natural wonders including cascading Devi's Fall
- Travel to the spiritual mountain kingdom of Bhutan with its extraordinary scenery and striking monasteries
- In Thimphu, a blend of old and new, observe monks serenely strolling in their crimson robes
- Join Buddhists performing their daily rituals at the whitewashed National Memorial Chorten
- Drive to Punakha, ancient capital of Bhutan, pausing to view the astounding snow-clad peaks of Bhutan
- Visit Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful dzong in Bhutan with its towering whitewashed walls
- Choose to hike to the world-famous "Tiger’s Nest" on the face of a sheer cliff above the Paro Valley
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
|India, Nepal & Bhutan, Tradition & Majesty|
|Jaypee Vasant Continental||New Delhi|
|Novotel New Delhi Aerocity||New Delhi|
|Hotel Yak & Yeti||Kathmandu|
|Temple Tiger Green Jungle Resort||Chitwan|
|Temple Tree Resort & Spa||Pokhara|
|RKPO Green Resort||Punakha|
|Naksel Boutique Hotel & Spa||Paro|
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2018 Dates & Prices||2018 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Prices do not include optional tours, India visa fees, Nepal visa fees and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights New Delhi-Kathmandu, Kathmandu-Chitwan, Chitwan-Pokhara, Pokhara-Kathmandu, Kathmandu Paro & Paro-Kathmandu.
A visa is required for entry into Bhutan and is obtained on your behalf by Gate 1 Travel. This visa is required in addition to and separately from an India and/or Nepal visa.
Triple Rooms cannot be accommodated on this program.
Apr 13, Sep 14, Oct 12 & Oct 19 will be accommodated at Hilton Jaipur in Jaipur.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
The Kalakriti Theater is the venue for this vibrant dance drama depicting a 16th century Mughal era love story that defines the Taj Mahal. Watch and listen (in a choice of languages by headset) as Shah Jahan and Queen Mumtaz Mahal profess their love for one another, and he creates the Taj Mahal in her memory. You will see the most realistic replica of the monument existing today. Animated action, brilliant costumes and powerfully resonant vocal performances. Best for those tenacious and would enjoy resounding vocals in local parlance.
Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
|Day #4||01 Sep 2018 - 30 Apr 2019||$39.00|
Enjoy an early morning flight on a small aircraft, with a window seat, for an hour of spectacular scenery over the tallest mountain peak on earth. You will be able to view some of the most incredible, and famous sights that Nepal has to offer. This is weather permitting so tour might be delayed or an alternative day may be scheduled.
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #11||01 Sep 2018 - 31 May 2019||$239.00|
This morning you will have the chance to do some exploring off the beaten path near the outskirts of the Kathmandu valley. We start out in Dhulikhel, an ancient town located about 20 miles east of Kathmandu city. We’ll hike among the rolling green hills, admiring the mountains stretching into the distance and traditional architecture that dots the area around this historic trading center along the old commercial route linking Nepal to Tibet. Along the way we’ll climb up to Devi Temple and stop at Shanti Ban, a serene forest that is home to a giant statue of Gautama Buddha. Our morning trek ends in Panauti village, a traditional Newar settlement rich in rural character. Here we will see a number of temples, including Indreshwar Mahadev Temple dedicated to Shiva and Bhairav Temple, along the idyllic, brick-paved streets lined with magnificent carved rest houses and stupas.
Please be advised this tour will involve 2-3 hours of walking and hiking over potentially rough, uneven terrain and a climb of 1000 steps with a brief break. Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #25||01 Jan 2018 - 10 Jan 2020||$85.00|