Ride across the steppes and discover the nomadic life in some of the most remote places on earth. Visit storied Buddhist monasteries and hear the singing sand dunes of the Gobi Desert. On this small-group tour on Mongolia and the Gobi Desert, you'll learn about the region's unique culture and history through conversations with locals, immersive cultural performances and thrilling sightseeing. This is truly a trip like no other! Click the Itinerary tab to learn more, then book your adventure online, or call a destination specialist at 1-888-937-8474 to plan your trip.
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar-New York Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Ulaanbaatar-Moron, Moron-Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar-Dalanzadgad, Dalanzadgad-Ulaanbaatar
- 10 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Ulaanbaatar
- 2 nights Lake Khovsgol
- 2 nights Mt. Khogno Khan
- 2 nights Gobi Desert
- 1 night Khongor Sand Dunes
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 28 meals: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners (including a lunch with a nomadic family, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Wine with all dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager in Mongolia
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Meet the Tsaatan, known as Reindeer people, one of the last groups of nomadic reindeer herders in the world
- Share in the local love of music during performances of throat singing, long song and a shaman dance
- Meet a Yak family in their ger and learn about their nomadic life
- Explore the mysterious "Singing Sand Dunes" at Khongoryn Els by camel and on foot
- Learn to make khuushuur fried dumplings during a fun cooking lesson
- See Bayanzag's Flaming Cliffs, noted for the dinosaur fragments uncovered here in the 1920s
- Explore the ancient Mongol capital of Karakorum
- Meet a nomadic family when they invite you into their ger, or yurt, for lunch
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Optional tours and gratuities
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Domestic air travel in Mongolia is subject to flight delays and schedule changes on short notice. This may require changes to the order of your itinerary or flight segments being replaced with lengthy drives. Any adjustments needed will be communicated as soon as possible
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children
This afternoon, enjoy a relaxing boat ride on one of the largest lakes in Mongolia, Lake Khovsgol, also known as "The Dark Blue Pearl" or "The Crystal Blue Pearl". Lake Khovsgol is the largest freshwater lake by volume and deepest lake in Central Asia with an oval shape and is rich in various fish species including pike, perch, salmon, Siberian grayling and sturgeon. The lake is surrounded by high mountains of the Khoridol Saridag and Bayan Mountain Ranges, along the west shore and covered with forests inhabited by wild animals such as bears, sables, moose, ibex and wild sheep. Your boat tour will take you to the shore on the other side of the lake and the entire excursion will offer beautiful views and wonderful photography opportunities.
Pickup details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 1 hour.
|Day #4||01 Jun 2019 - 31 Aug 2019||$38.00|