- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights Los Angeles-Tokyo, Osaka-Los Angeles
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 4 nights Tokyo
- 1 night Kaga
- 1 night Takayama
- 4 nights Kyoto
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 19 meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Wine with all dinners
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour dazzling Tokyo, a city of ancient traditions coupled with state-of-the-art technology
- Culinary demonstration led by a professional chef -- learn the art of creating sushi and sashimi
- Visit the serene Meiji Shrine honoring the first Emperor of modern Japan and his Empress
- A day of breathtaking natural scenery as you drive to the National Park of Hakone and Mt. Fuji
- Board the famous Shinkansen, or "bullet train" that takes you to Kanazawa on the Noto Peninsula
- Travel to the UNESCO site of Shirakawa-go, known for its village of gassho-zukuri farmhouses
- In Kagaonsen, stay at a traditional Ryokan (inn)
- A walking tour of Takayama’s historic district reveals its traditions dating back to the 9th century
- Discover enchanting Kyoto, founded in the 7th century, one of the early capitals of Japan
- Visit Kyoto’s Nijo Castle, residence of Shoguns, and the magnificent gilded Golden Pavilion
- Experience the cultural heritage of Kyoto at a traditional Tea Ceremony at the Gesshin-in Temple
- Dinner and traditional Maiko (Geisha) dance performance reflects the core of Japanese culture
- Travel to the Imperial capital of Nara, with eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Select a Departure Date
Select a Departure Date
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Air & Land||Land Only|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers should select flights that arrive in Narita Airport no later than 4 pm in order not to miss the welcome dinner and trip briefing.
Sep 11, Oct 2 & Oct 16 departures will be accommodated at Best Western Hotel Takayama in Takayama.
Hotel rooms in Japan cannot comfortably accommodate 3 adults; therefore, a double, plus a single room configuration should be purchased.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
No. of AdultsNo. of Children