Due to the limitations of motor coach luggage compartments, all escorted and guided tour packages allow one piece of luggage per person and one carry-on bag. Excess luggage will be subject to charge of up to $100 per piece. Passengers who purchase independent packages which do not include motor coach travel are subject to the restrictions imposed by airlines. Virgin Vacations recommends traveling 'light' as there is generally no porterage included in independent programs, and passengers are responsible for carrying their own luggage to / from airports, piers, rail stations and hotels. Many airlines have begun to apply charges for a second checked bag. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding your airline's checked baggage policies. Airline policies vary and may change at any time. Many airlines apply charges for checked bags. For a complete list of fees, please visit virgin-vacations.com/baggagefees.aspx. Virgin Vacations is not responsible for any excess luggage/ weight charges levied by an airline. The Travel Agent and/or Tour Operator, Virgin Vacations, shall not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage/personal items. All damage/loss must be reported at time of incident and documented in writing by local authorities for submission to the insurance company. Any cost to retrieve luggage will be your responsibility and you should retain receipts to submit to your insurance provider. We also suggest you refer to www.tsa.gov for helpful tips on how to prepare for your journey.
IMPORTANT BAGGAGE INFORMATION FOR U.S. TRAVELERS
All checked luggage will be screened at the airport prior to being placed on an aircraft. In order to make your check-in as easy as possible, we offer the following list of suggestions as recommended by the Transportation Security Administration:
- Bags may have to be opened for inspection. Leave bags unlocked to avoid the potential need for them to be opened forcibly.
- Do not pack food or beverages in checked bags. Pack footwear on top of other contents. Put personal belongings in clear plastic bags to reduce chances of a TSA screener having to handle them, and spread out - do not stack - books.
- Do not overfill your luggage. It will be more difficult for the screener to close if it should be necessary to open and examine the contents.
- Do not wrap gifts. They may have to be opened for inspection.
- Screening equipment will damage film. Place all film in your carry-on bags.
- Pack scissors, pocket knives and other sharp items in checked bags, never carry on.
- All liquids, gels, and aerosols must be in 3 ounce or smaller containers. These items must be stored in a clear, quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.
- Snow globes and similar liquid-filled souvenirs are prohibited in carry-on, regardless of size or documentation.
- One pack of safety matches or one common safety lighter is permitted in carry-on. These items are NOT permitted in checked luggage.
- Please see http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm for exceptions and additional tips, regulations, and general information.
- Thank you for taking the time to follow these few steps. We want your vacation to be as pleasant as possible from the moment you leave until you arrive safely back home.